28 May 2009

Finally!

I finally received my placement this morning! I am going to be interning at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, which is one of the largest hospitals in London. I will be working closely with the human resources department. According to Anglo-American - the placement company - this is an extremely prestigious placement, so I am appropriately excited, but also extremely nervous as well. To be honest, that is about all I am aloud to say about what I will be doing as I am required to sign a confidentiality agreement because of the nature of the work that I will be doing. I will try to keep you all posted with other exciting things that I do!

It is such a relief to FINALLY have my placement because that means the shopping can begin. My sister and I are planning to go shopping on Saturday in Milwaukee, which means I have a lot of work in store for me in the next couple of days. I need to inventory what I already have to see what I still need to purchase.

I do know that I am going to be needing MORE SHOES! I know it is probably hard to believe, but I only have two pairs of shoes in my ENTIRE closet that will be suitable to wear to work and they're flats - ugh! The only problem is that no matter what tube stop I get off at, I will still have a 15-20 minute walk to get to the hospital. I have to pray that I find REALLY comfortable heels or I am going to have to wear trainers and change when I get there, which I REALLY do not want to do...so not chic!

I already know that I have at least one fun thing planned. I am going to go see a play featuring Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart! The theatre program to London had extra tickets and international programs offered them to the interns, so I snatched one up right away! Who would pass up a chance to see a play featuring Gandelf the Gray/White and Jean Luc Picard/Dr. Xavier??!!

I am also hoping to convince someone to go to Scotland with me in the middle of July. There is a music festival going on there called "T in the Park" and it features about 10 of my most favorite bands! What a perfect excuse to travel! I am waiting to get an idea of my work/class schedule before buying my tickets because I wouldn't want anything to conflict.

Well...that is about all of the exciting news I have for now. I considered telling you all about the visa fiasco, but it just makes me bitter.